Why Women Kill is a dark comedy-drama web television series created by Marc Cherry for CBS's streaming service Paramount+. The first season premiered on August 15, 2019, and concluded on October 17, 2019 with remaining episodes dropping weekly on Thursday.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Why Women Kill explores "the lives of three women living in three different decades: a housewife in the ‘60s, a socialite in the ‘80s and a lawyer in 2018, each dealing with infidelity in their marriages. The series will examine how the roles of women have changed, but how their reaction to betrayal...has not."
Credits[edit | edit source]
Main Cast[edit | edit source]
- Lucy Liu as Simone Grove
- Ginnifer Goodwin as Beth Ann Stanton
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Taylor Harding
- Alexandra Daddario as Jade
- Sam Jaeger as Rob Stanton
- Sadie Calvano as April
- Jack Davenport as Karl Grove
- Reid Scott as Eli Cohen
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Marc Cherry (Creator / Writer / Executive Producer)
- Brian Grazer (Executive Producer)
- Francie Calfo (Executive Producer)
- Michael Hanel (Executive Producer)
- Mindy Schultheis (Executive Producer)
- Marc Webb (Director / Executive Producer)
Development[edit | edit source]
On September 24, 2018, it was announced that CBS All Access had given the production a straight-to-series order. The series was created by Marc Cherry who was also expected to executive produce alongside Brian Grazer, Francie Calfo, Michael Hanel, and Mindy Schultheis. Production companies involved with the series were slated to consist of Imagine Entertainment and CBS Television Studios. On December 10, 2018, it was reported that the series would receive $8.4 million dollars in tax credits from the state of California.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Each episode title is a play on a catchphrase or movie line, e.g. I'd Like to Kill Ya, But I Just Washed My Hair is a play on the line "I'd like to kiss you, but I just washed my hair" from the 1932 film The Cabin in the Cotton.
- The series became one of CBS All Access’ most streamed original series.